I've not been a blogger very long, just a few shorts months actually. BUT, I've been a blog stalker for like...forever! Not sure if ya noticed but there are a lot of brilliant women (and men!) out there in blogville!
Creative genius storytellers and oober talented crafters!
Most share their homes, their decors, their crafts. Most make us drool, laugh, dream and create. Some break our hearts, steal our tears and make us appreciate what we may have been overlooking in our own lives.
What ties us all together is the wide world web that is woven into our society, our homes. It connects us in ways unheard of by past generations.
I love being a part of it all, no matter how small my part may be. Which leads me to....
I was nominated for The Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you, Purple Paisley Pinwheels!
To Accept The Award you must:
1.)Thank and Link Back to the Blogger who awarded you with this award
2.)Share 7 Things About Yourself
3.)Award 8 Recently Discovered Great Bloggers
4.)Contact The Bloggers and inform them of their award
7 things about me:
1. I am freakishly good at finding 4-leaf clovers! Seriously, I can be walking through my yard at normal pace, notice one in passing, stop and pick it up. No, they don't bring good luck. Yes, where you find one you can usually find another. The most I ever found in one day (in one hour!!) was 16.
2. I am almost 6 foot tall. Yea, yea, you all think that's a good thing until you go jeans shopping with me (36" inseams are HARD to find and usually expensive!). No, I didn't play basketball. No, I'm not model (I have hips!). My hubs is 6'1" so I avoid heels when we will be standing side by side (church).
3. My father, brother and husband all share the same first name, Jeffery (only my hubs spells his Jeffrey). My legal name is Becky as is my grandmother's (mom's mom). My mother and mother-in-law's legal name is Rebecca (Mom goes by Becca, Mil goes by Becky!). Gets confusing at Christmas!! (We go by last initials: Becky C., Becky S., Becky H., Becca B., Jeff E., Jeff C. and brother goes by Rob...whew!)
4. I have a TERRIBLE memory. For real! I almost made it home one day after work when I realized I hadn't picked up my kids at daycare yet! In my defense, I was talking on my cell phone to my sister who had me totally distracted laughing!
5. This is going to sound a little strange but hey, we all have tics, right? Right?? Plz tell me you do, too. I rub the back of my hand against hard surfaces when I walk by them. Walls, doors, counters. No, not ALL surfaces and not ALL the time. But I catch myself rubbing the headboard when I am trying to go to sleep sometimes. My hubs notices it but thinks nothing of it. Plz, don't think I'm a freak. I've done it since I was little.
6. My dog sleeps in the bed with my hubs and I. He's a dachshund so he doesn't take up much room. He curls up in the curve of my back and sleeps there all night. :)
7. I love candles. The ones that smell like vanilla, or clean linens, cupcakes or buttercream icing. I have 6 of them in my living room and I light them almost every night. I love the glow they put off, it makes my home looks so inviting.
So there you have it. A few things about me that you didn't previously know. That was a lot harder than I thought it would have been. Can you think of 7 randon facts about you that you are willing to share about yourself?
And without further ado, here are the 8 bloggers I pass this award onto...
3. This Little Light of Mine
4. Sweet Pea and Pumpkins
5. Pickled Pink
6. My Life as Prose
7. Crafts by Holly
8. 4 Growing Boys
I'm sending out email notifications to all you bloggers I nominated!
Everone, feel free to comment below with your unusual tics so I know I'm not alone here. ;)
Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe
3 hours ago