Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snow Day!!



This is what I woke up to yesterday morning! Isn't it beautiful!? And with snow, comes snow days! The schools and daycares were closed so I stayed home with the boys and crafted the morning away.





To start, The Baby and I tried to figure out how to use up some of the frozen blueberries The Hubs' aunt gave us. POPSICLES!! I googled it and found this on at www.blueberrycouncil.com. I'll share the directions with you, too.



Blueberry Fruit Pops


1 can (15 1/4-ounce) fruit in heavy syrup* such as pears, peaches or apricots
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh, frozen or canned drained blueberries

In a blender, puree the canned fruit with all the syrup and lemon juice. Transfer to a large measuring cup or pitcher. Return 1/4 cup of the fruit mixture to the blender; add blueberries; blend until pureed. Holding a 6- or 8-ounce plastic cup at an angle, spoon in a layer of fruit puree then a layer of blueberry puree; repeat to make 4 layers filling the cup about two-thirds. Set cup upright and insert a plastic spoon or wooden ice cream stick in the center. Repeat to use all the pureed fruit and blueberries. Place cups on a baking pan for support and freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours. To serve, place pops at room temperature for 5 minutes then twist from cups.

YIELD: 8 pops


I didn't have a 15 1/4 oz can of fruit so I used a 11oz can of mandarin oranges in heavy syrup and yielded 4 pops.





I left them in the freezer overnight to they were completely frozen. I took a pic of both the boys eating them but... my laptop crashed yesterday :( and I'm afraid I lost all my pix. Thankfully I had drafted all this yesterday meaning to post it then (before I got busy and forgot. oops) so at least I didn't lose all these! The popsicles were yummy btw. I still have LOTS of blueberries to use up though. :)

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback!